Rules and Submissions
1) 1st Timers Lisbon only accepts 1st works.
2) There is a general debut film section and a specific student category.
3) The entrant/submitter/moviemaker hereby certifies that he possesses the right(s) and all of the proper clearances to submit the movie, including, but not limited to image rights, talent releases, soundtrack and/or source music releases; and assumes all responsibility for their material. The Lisbon 1st Timers accepts no responsibility, financial or otherwise, for any movie submitted to the festival.
4) Every entry/submission will be judged based on its directing, acting, technical, and artistic merits, as related to the submission. All decisions made by the judge(s) are considered final and incontestable.
5) We reserve the right not to give all of the possible awards if we don’t receive enough entries in a particular category or if none of the submissions meet our high judging standards.
6) Lisbon 1st Timers only accepts online screeners. Please submit them via FilmFreeway or any of our suggested online platforms. We do not accept discs or any downloadable files.
7) Check specific submission prices in any of our suggested online platforms.
8) Entry fees are nonrefundable.
9) Multiple entries are allowed. You can submit more than one film to the same category.
10) Any entry will be considered eligible in the next edition only if the film was not awarded in the previous edition.
11) Submissions in languages other than English must be subtitled in English.
12) The english subtitles must be embeded in the film film. No aditional srt files will be accepted.
11) We accept every kind of film released after 2012.
12) We consider short films to be up to 30 minutes and medium or feature films to be 30 minutes or more.
13) Lisbon 1st Timers reserves the right to disqualify any film whose submitter might be in any way linked to illicit or criminal acts, proven or otherwise.
1) The selected, nominated and awarded movies promotional material will be announced and viewable in our site and in our social media pages.
2) The winners wil receive a trophy.
3) The awarded films rightful owners of the rights, in each category of every edition, hereby authorise the film’s live screening in Lisbon 1st Timers events. This authorisation is an indispensable condition for the inclusion in the festival’s official selection.
4) There can be, if the jury by its own quality so decides, two winners ex aequo in any of the categories.
5) The official selection is composed of winning films, the honorable mention recipients and a number of other offcially selected works.
6) There are six award categories: Best Short Film; Best Medium or Feature Length Film; Best Directing; Best Acting; Best Screenplay and Best Student Film.